By Cameron Merritt
After first being teased in the Season 4 trailer earlier this month, the Quarantine Cup this week officially announced it’s first open tournament, the Search & Destroy Showdown, presented by DraftBuff, which will take place May 14.
The single elimination 4v4 tournament consists of 32 players spread out over eight teams who will battle it out in the popular game mode across six maps: Garrison, Miami, Moscow, Checkmate, Raid and Express. The winning team will take home a cash prize of $200 courtesy of DraftBuff, the premier fantasy esports platform and proud sponsor of the Quarantine Cup.
Team registration for the tournament is open now on the Quarantine Cup Hub and is $5 per player or free if the player follows Townhouse Takes and DraftBuff on Twitter, Instagram and Twitch. As with any normal week of the Quarantine Cup, Townhouse Takes’ Justin Vadenais and Cameron Merritt will CoDcast the tournament on Twitch, but for the first time will be joined in the booth by Quarantine Cup founder and organizer Alex Wolfe, aka EvadeSnD.
“I am excited to watch Search & Destroy be played at a high level from a different perspective, a game mode I have been studying and playing for almost 13 years,” Wolfe said. “Seeing how teams work together is always the best part of watching competitive COD.”
For Vadenais, having Wolfe join him and Merritt in the booth is also an exciting prospect.
“I’m very excited to have Evade in the booth,” Vadenais said. “I’m hoping to not only let his knowledge on SND strategies shine through for the viewers but also learn a few things myself to bring to future broadcasts.”
Registration will remain open until all slots are filled. For further updates and announcements regarding the tournament and all things Quarantine Cup, follow @quarantinecupofficial on Instagram and @quarantinecup_ on Twitter as well as @townhousetakes on both platforms.